Limited resize and move functionality on Android 10

That's the preferred place for reporting problems, issues, bugs, errors and misbehavior of the app.

Moderator: Goalist developers

lasse

Limited resize and move functionality on Android 10

Post by lasse »

Hi, I'm just getting back into using goalist after a long hiatus. I want to thank you for nailing the implementation and I am excited that the forum is up and that the app is actively developed.

When I try to move or resize an activity in the day view, it only responds to the first press. For more increments, I have to deselect and then reselect the activity. I hope this can be adressed in a hotfix, since this will get tiresome pretty quickly, increasing friction for my fledgling habit.

I'll be happy to provide more context.
SBrooks595

Re: Limited resize and move functionality on Android 10

Post by SBrooks595 »

Having the same issue, as I mentioned in the other thread. Does make things quite difficult.
nelipetra

Post by nelipetra »

Yes. Me too, but the one thing that is really unusual and annoying is ... as I move up a line, or down a line, the task size changes to the opposite extreme. For example, if a task was only 10 minutes, moving it up or down a line will increases the height of the task the size to 30 along with increasing the text, but the duration assigned remains the same. I'm unsure what need this met for it to be in the update, although keeping all 5s the same size, all 10s the same size, all 30s the same size, etc., regardless if they are being moved to a new line maintains consistency.

In addition to not being able to add or subtract the task duration quickly, Goalist often
freezes so I'm always restarting it.
Neli :o
Adam
Goalist developer

Post by Adam »

Believe it or not - Android changes are to blame. They introduce changes that break the app all the time. I've spent the last 2 years only chasing their changes, no time for developing new things. If we add to it almost complete drop in support, which for me means (almost) nobody cares about Goalist any more - I decided to put my time elsewhere. I use Goalist many times every day - I just have an old phone (old Android version), have no problems with the app, and will upgrade Android only if forced to (like: everything else stops working).
nelipetra

Post by nelipetra »

That sounds so frustrating! 😔

Well, if it helps any, I have a Galaxy s10e and I have no issues with the old version! I've only experienced bugs in Goalist with the new update.

Thank you again for having the old version still available! Greatly appreciate it!! 💯
Adam
Goalist developer

Post by Adam »

Great, thank you for letting me know. Maybe old Android libraries function better than the new ones. Maybe I'll be able to run some tests with downgrading the libraries. That would be weird, but actually not very surprising...
nelipetra

Post by nelipetra »

Absolutely! Let me know if I can help in any way :D